Strawberry Rhubarb Rosemary Jam Recipe from The Brooklyn Fräulein
Want an easy homemade jam recipe? Read on!
Savor the flavor of juicy, seasonal fruits by making jams. The opportunities are endless: spread jam on toast, pair it with meats, cheeses, and nuts on your hors d'oeuvres platter, and even add a spoonful to your favorite cocktail for a refreshing summer beverage.
Strawberry Rhubarb Rosemary Jam Recipe
Prep: 10 mins | Cook Time: 30 mins | Makes: 5-6 6oz. jars
● 16 oz Strawberries washed, cleaned and cut in halves
● 12 oz Rhubarb washed, cleaned and cut in 2 inch cubes
● Approx. 2 sticks Rosemary roughly chopped
● 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
● 14 oz Sugar
● 1 teaspoon of Pectin
● 6 oz. jars (sterilized)
1. Combine strawberries and rhubarb, rosemary in a medium to large saucepan over medium heat. 2. Add lemon juice.
3. Once mixture starts to bubble, reduce heat to medium low.
4. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries and rhubarb start to soften. Use a masher and crush the fruit.
5. Mix together sugar and pectin in a small bowl then add the sugar and the pectin to the pan.
6. Cook the mixture until it thickens at a low temperature.
7. Once its thickens, remove the jam from the heat and fill into your sterilized jars.
8. Fill each jar with hot jam, leaving at least 1⁄4" of space at the top. Place lids on jars, and secure the jar
Follow Leisurely and sign up for our newsletter to stay informed about the most unique cooking classes in NYC!